Football philosophy, PWU style
Football’s back, baby, and that can only mean one thing… the long-awaited return of the critically acclaimed* Progress With Unity Podcast! Apologies if that news was so exciting you spat your coffee all over your tablet PC/mp3 player/gramophone. Provide me with your postal address and I’ll steal your iden– erm, send you something cool to make up for it.
To blow our own trumpet for a change, please allow me to introduce you to the players for this brand new season of silliness, stupidity and salaciousness (!) with a quick set of Ceefax-style penpics:
- Barry Worthington, whose major achievement to date is getting ASDA to donate pies and Coke to the FA Cup Semi Final coach, is head cheese at that Vital Wigan fansite.
- Rob is the star of numerous ESPN ad campaigns surrounding last season’s FA Cup. Most famous for ‘giving it all this’ when Wigan won the thing outright.
- Paul T‘s optimism is so great that you can’t help but be swept away in it all. Favourite type of joke: anything involving Kevin Friend.
- Greg Farrimond, reporter for the highly respected local publication Twitter and social networking website the Wigan Evening Post.
- Gareth is resident stats expert and owner of a lucky bob cap. With a Reading logo on it…
- And of course Dan, that annoying bloke off JWAW who once fit a full five-finger Kit Kat into his mouth. Allegedly.
Other characters will make themselves known in the coming weeks, for the PWU family is much larger than today’s gathering might suggest. But there is naught more to write for the lawyers are now circling this page like vultures. However, the best part of an hour’s worth of listening pleasure awaits the brave clicker of the below play button. Do it, you know you want to.
Contents: Summer hols (0:55); Meet the new guys and pre-season friendlies (2:10); Main rivals for the new season? (25:40); Star men for 2013/14 (29:08); Barnsley preview (33:40); Season predictions (42:50)
Progress With Unity is currently the only Wigan Athletic fan podcast on the web. If you would like to get involved or have any topics you’d like to be discussed for the new season of PWU Podcasts please get in touch with Barry at email@example.com, marking your email PWU Podcast.
We have some exciting stuff in store before the final ball of the 2013-14 Championship season is kicked in anger, so there are PWU iTunes, RSS and app to keep you abreast of developments. Thank your for your continued support, and buy tickets for our next game. I mean, er, podcast. Except you can’t. Just, er… cheers, I suppose.
*Someone once said it was ‘alright… after a few drinks’.